Am I eligible for a refund?
You may be eligible for a refund in the event of any of the following:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Foraged.
Not as described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different color, type, size, or amount.
- The vendor failed to disclose that an item is damaged.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two, or two pounds of product but only received one).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as fresh but is dried).
Not as described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to a date specifically agreed upon with the buyer at the time of order.
If Foraged determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping. In the event that Foraged needs to refund the return shipping cost on behalf of the seller, that refund may come in the form of a Foraged Credit.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Foraged returns/refunds. These include:
- Items that are damaged by shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Reimbursements for transactions encouraging or acting upon businesses outside of the Foraged platform (including reimbursement of the initial sale on the platform).
- Items that have been altered, used, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Foraged, including services and intangible goods.
- Cases where the buyer no longer wants the item(s), for any reason beyond the eligible cases outline above.
- Transactions where payment is not made via Foraged’s checkout system.
How do I get a refund?
Always contact the vendor first! Describe your issue with your purchase and see if they're willing to exchange or refund you. You can learn more about how to contact a vendor here.
If the vendor does not respond to you in 48 hours, please contact Foraged Support through the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of your screen.