Overall, use your best judgment, and keep transactions and communications within the Foraged platform. We created Foraged to bring transparency, safety, and accessibility to the specialty foods market. Keeping your activity within Foraged helps to protect buyers, sellers, and all members of the community.
Credit card safety
Here are some tips to practice credit card safety:
- Never give your full credit card number, tax identification number, or password in an email, Foraged message, or over the phone.
- If you are making a transaction in person, do not speak your credit card information aloud. Be sure to sign for the transaction and request a receipt.
- Check your credit card statement regularly to track your spending and card activity.
- Keep track of your credit card: who is authorized to use it, and who has access to it.
Here are some tips to practice internet/computer safety:
- Change your passwords on a regular basis. The more complex a password is, the better you’re protected.
- If you share your computer or device, sign out of any website accounts before letting others use it.
On the Foraged platform
Here are some tips to practice safety on the Foraged marketplace:
- Check a seller’s reviews and shop policies before purchase, and send a message to a seller before buying if you have questions or concerns.
- Keep your transaction on Foraged. We can’t verify or assist with payments made outside of Foraged or Stripe, our secure payment processor.
- If you receive a suspicious email claiming to be from Foraged, please reach out to us via the Foraged chat bubble.